Applications are invited to apply for the Deakin University Scholarship 2024 for Masters and Ph.D. Application is open all year so there is no deadline date for the Deakin University Scholarships. This is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for Australian and international students living in developing countries. The scholarship is named Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) which is offered by Deakin University while Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) is funded by the Australian Government.
Table of contents
About Deakin University
Scholarships offered by Deakin University are available for the Masters and Ph.D. programs. All academic fields taught at the University are available to apply for the scholarship. The duration for Master’s programs is 2 years and for Ph.D. programs are 4 years.
Deakin University Scholarship Details:
- Host Organization: Deakin University
- Course Level: Master’s, Ph.D.
- Eligible Region: Open to All Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: Australia
- Fields of Study: All Subjects
- Deadline: open all year
Deakin University Scholarship Benefits
The following are the benefits of Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) and Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP),
- Full tuition fee coverage is estimated 31,200$ to 42,400$ for 2020.
- Stipend amounting 28,092$ per year.
- For doctoral programs duration of 3 years for a stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset.
- Research Master Degree the Duration is 2 years for a stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset.
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) is awarded to students.
- For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the tuition fees offset
- Travel allowance
Available Programs For Scholarship
All Master’s and Ph.D. programs taught at Deakin University are available to apply for the scholarship.
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Institute for Frontier Materials
- Faculty of Health
- Institute for Intelligent System Research and Innovation
- Applied Artificial Intelligence Institute
Following are the conditions students must meet in order to be eligible for the scholarship,
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance, or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- An applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth intended to cover HDR fees in order to be eligible for an RTP Fee cover.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- For information about our RTP Scholarship Policy please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
Application is open all year so there is no deadline date for the Deakin University Scholarships.
How to Apply?
The official website is the best place to start if you want to learn more about Deakin University Scholarships. There, you can find comprehensive details on the programs and courses provided, entrance requirements and processes, campus amenities, student life, and much more. You can also discover more about the university’s faculty, employees, research endeavors, and community outreach programs. The website might also give users access to online tools including course catalogs, student handbooks, and academic calendars.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are over 400 Deakin University Scholarships available each year. The number of scholarships available for each specific scholarship will vary.
The application deadlines for Deakin University Scholarships vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships have deadlines in the early to mid-year.
To apply for a Deakin University Scholarship, you will need to complete an online application form. The application form will ask for information about your academic record, extracurricular activities, and leadership potential. You may also be required to submit a personal statement or letters of recommendation.
If you are not eligible for a Deakin University Scholarship, there are still other ways to fund your studies. You may be eligible for government assistance, such as HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. You may also be able to get a scholarship from a private organization.