Applications are invited for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024. The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships application date is April 1, 2024. Scholarships are available for international students wishing to pursue postgraduate studies in Germany. The Die Linke-affiliated Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, a German political group, is offering the scholarships. Scholarships are provided to students worldwide.
The Scholarships cover full tuition, living expenses, and health insurance. Winners of scholarships can participate in a variety of networking and political education events. International students may benefit from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships if they choose to pursue postgraduate studies in Germany.
Table of contents
About Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) is a political organization in Germany that has ties to the Die Linke party. Rosa Luxemburg is the organization’s name, which was founded in Berlin in 1990. The foundation accomplishes this by encouraging analysis, contemplation, and discussions of alternatives to capitalism. The RLS also supports an egalitarian discourse between the North and the Global South.
It also records significant historical occurrences and accomplishments of the whole political left with the assistance of the Historical Center for Democratic Socialism in Berlin. The RLS maintains offices in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. A group of about 180 employees performs the work of the foundation. The annual budget for the RLS is around €20 million. The German government provides funding for the RLS’s activities. It’s a contentious organization, the RLS. Others think the foundation has too many ties to the Die Linke party.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships Detail
- Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Masters, PhD level of education
- studying in Germany
- Opportunity Focus areas: All master’s and doctoral degrees, excluding those in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine.
- A maximum of three years for a master’s degree and four years for a PhD are the program lengths.
- End date: 1 April 2024
Benefits of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
- For master’s students, the baseline scholarship is worth 850 euros per month plus a one-time payment of 20 euros. Additional financial aid of up to 86 euros is also available for health and nursing insurance.
- For PhDs: The doctorate fellowship, which is worth €1350 per month, is mainly independent of one’s salary. Additional lump sum payments of 100 euros are also available to cover the costs of additional healthcare subsidies and research expenses.
- German language proficiency (B2 or above)
- All nations of the world are eligible.
- Graduate students at technical schools, as well as undergraduate and PhD students studying sciences and technology, are all strongly urged to apply.
- Only applications that are submitted in English or German will be considered.
- MA A state-funded or state-recognized German university is a requirement for enrollment.
- PhD applicants must be accepted by a German university.
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships application date is April 1, 2024.
How to Apply?
- Through the online application site, you may submit an application for this scholarship.
- Register for an account and complete the application. Upload the necessary papers as well.
- Send your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The application requirements for this scholarship vary depending on the program.
The amount of funding available through these scholarships varies depending on the program. However, most scholarships cover the cost of tuition, living expenses, and travel expenses.
To apply for a Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung scholarship, please visit the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung website and click on the “Scholarships” tab. You will find a list of all of the available scholarships and instructions on how to apply.