Applications are invited for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024. Scholarships are offered by the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS), a political organization based in Germany that promotes social justice, democracy, and human rights. The full tuition, lodging, and living expenses are covered by the scholarships available to students from all over the world. Due to the high level of competition for the RLS scholarships. Additionally, the foundation provides researchers interested in advocacy and action with support and networking opportunities. The overall goal of the RLS scholarships is to aid young academics striving for a more just and equal world.
Table of contents
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships introduction
Scholarships are offered by the German political foundation Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) to scholars and researchers who are dedicated to advancing social justice, democracy, and human rights. The foundation has a number of scholarship programs for successful applicants. Will pay the whole cost of tuition, housing, and living expenses. Additionally, the foundation provides researchers interested in advocacy and action with support and networking opportunities. The RLS scholarships are available to candidates worldwide and help young academics who are pursuing a more fair and equitable world.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships Details
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary medicine
- Program Period: For masters, maximum of three years, For Ph.D., maximum of four years
- Deadline: April 1, 2024
- Monthly stipend: The monthly stipend varies according to the level of study and the location of the university or research institution. In general, doctoral candidates receive a higher monthly stipend than Master’s degree students.
- Tuition fees: The RLF scholarship may cover tuition fees in part or full, depending on the university or research institution.
- Research expenses: The scholarship may cover research-related expenses, such as travel, accommodation, and equipment.
- Health insurance: The scholarship also includes health insurance for the scholarship holder.
- Language courses: The scholarship may cover the costs of language courses for non-native speakers of the language of instruction.
- Academic performance: Applicants should have excellent academic records and demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study.
- Political and social engagement: Applicants should strongly commit to progressive social and political causes and demonstrate their engagement in these areas through their activities and/or academic work.
- Language proficiency: Applicants should be proficient in the language of instruction at the university or research institution.
- Nationality and residency: The RLF scholarships are open to applicants from Germany and abroad. Applicants should check the specific program guidelines to determine if there are any nationality or residency restrictions.
- Level of study: The scholarships are available for Master and doctoral studies and postdoctoral research.
- Field of study: The RLF scholarships support research and studies in various fields. Including social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering.
- Personal background
- Application form: Applicants must complete and submit the official application form for the specific program they are applying for.
- Curriculum vitae (CV): A detailed CV includes information on academic qualifications, work experience, research or academic publications, and other relevant information.
- Motivation letter: A letter that explains the applicant’s motivation for applying for the scholarship, their academic and professional goals, and their commitment to the social and political causes supported by the RLF.
- Academic transcripts: Certified copies of academic transcripts from all previous degrees earned.
- Language proficiency certificate: Proof of proficiency in the language of instruction at the university or research institution.
- Research proposal: A detailed research proposal for doctoral candidates or postdoctoral researchers that outlines the research project, research questions, methodology, and expected outcomes.
- References: Contact details of two or three referees who can provide a recommendation letter on the applicant’s academic performance, research potential, and personal qualities.
- Passport or identity card: A copy of the passport or identity card for identification purposes.
- Financial documents: Some programs may require applicants to provide financial documents. Such as a bank statement to demonstrate their financial needs.
The Last Date To Apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarships is April 1, 2024.
How To Apply?
- Check the eligibility criteria: Review the eligibility criteria for the specific program you are interested in to ensure you meet all the requirements.
- Select a program: Select the program you are interested in and carefully read the program guidelines and requirements.
- Gather required documents: Gather all the required documents as specified in the program guidelines, such as academic transcripts, language proficiency certificates, research proposals, and motivation letters.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form for the program you are applying for.
- Submit the application: Submit your completed application form and all required documents by the specified deadline.
- Wait for the results: After the application deadline, the selection process will begin, and successful candidates will be notified of the results.
- For more information, see the “official website” link.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (RLF) is a German political foundation that awards scholarships to students and doctoral candidates from Germany and abroad who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and a commitment to progressive social and political causes.
The RLF scholarship covers various expenses related to study or research, including a monthly stipend, tuition fees, research expenses, health insurance, and language courses.
Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific program and country, but applicants should generally demonstrate academic excellence, a strong commitment to progressive social and political causes, proficiency in the language of instruction, and meet any nationality and residency requirements.
Required documents may vary depending on the specific program and country but typically include an application form, CV, motivation letter, academic transcripts, language proficiency certificate, research proposal, references, and passport or identity card.
To apply for the RLF scholarship, check the eligibility criteria, select a program, gather the required documents, complete the application form, submit the application, wait for the results, and accept the scholarship if awarded.
The RLF scholarship’s deadline may vary depending on the specific program and country. Applicants should carefully read the program guidelines to understand the exact deadlines for submitting their applications.