Applications are invited for the Shanghai Government Scholarships 2024. Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students have been announced by the SGS program at East China Normal University. For bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in Shanghai, China, any student from any country is eligible to apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarships 2024.
The fully funded SGS scholarship program is a prestigious opportunity for international students to increase their academic knowledge and develop their professional abilities during their study period in China, a most developed and economically rich country. Through the Chinese Government Scholarships, the students have the tendency to interact with students of different cultures, religions, nations, and economics under the supervision of top-level senior supervisors. The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) is a fully funded scholarship program that includes all expenses of study in China.
Table of contents
About East China Normal University
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a public research university in Shanghai, China. It was founded in 1951 as a result of the merger of the Great China University and Kwang Hua University and originated from St. John’s College, founded in 1879. ECNU has been ranked in the top two or three among the Chinese universities in Education and Training according to the QS World University Rankings by Subjects. It was ranked 37th globally in the Times Higher Education Rankings by Subject “Education” in 2021. There are approximately 32,000 students pursuing their degrees at East China Normal University (ECNU).
Shanghai Government Scholarships Details
- University: East China Normal University
- Course level: Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Degrees
- Scholarship country: China
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Scholarship Duration: For Undergraduate Programs 4 to 5 years, for Master’s Programs 2 to 3 years and for Doctoral Programs 3 to 4 years
- Deadline Date: May 2024
#1 Full Scholarship:
- Full Tuition Fee Coverage
- Free Accommodation
- Free Medical Insurance
- Free Accommodation
- A Stipend for Doctoral program is CNY 3500,
- For Graduate program is CNY 3000 and
- For Undergraduate program is CNY 2500
#2 Partial Scholarship:
- Exemption from Tuition Fee
- Medical Insurance
Available Study Fields
- Advanced International and Area Studies
- Educational Technology
- Teaching Education
- Educational Psychology
- Education Science
- International Chinese Studies
- Psychology and Cognitive Science
- Business, Economics, Management Administration
- Finance and Statics
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Molecular Engineering
- Chinese Language & Literature
- Social Development
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education and Health Care
- Fine Arts
- Estuary and Coastal Research
- Geographic Sciences
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences
- Urban and Regional Sciences
- Key Laboratory of Precision Spectroscopy
- All international students are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have good health.
- The students applying for pre-college program must hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 23 years old.
- The students applying for a Bachelor’s degree program must hold a high school diploma and must not be more than 25 years old.
- The applicants applying for a Master’s degree program must have a Bachelor’s degree and the age limit is 35 years.
- The applicant students applying for a Ph.D. degree program must hold a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40 years.
- Completed online application form
- Research proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Physical Examination Form
- Recommendation Letter (two) Click Here
- English Proficiency Test Certificate
- Personal statement of the student Click Here to Learn
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) Learn, How to Write a Good CV
- No Criminal Certificate
The deadline date to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarships is May 2024.
How To Apply?
To apply and learn more about the Shanghai Government Scholarships, it is important to visit the Scholarship’s official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants can log onto http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/c.asp?action=AS_SS_Entry (Study in Shanghai website), which provides information on universities, courses, application periods, and procedures. Applicants can apply for the scholarship on the website. The application period is generally from February to April.