Applications are invited for the University of Otago Scholarships 2024. There is no specific Deadline for Otago Scholarship Program and candidates can apply at any time. The University of Otago offers a new scheme for New Zealand scholarships for international students to free them from additional tuition fees. This Otago University scholarship program is aimed to help new international students all over the world to promote cultural diversity.
Otago scholarship offers you to gain knowledge globally. The Otago scholarship program supports international students in their university studies to seek better knowledge and study in New Zealand. This program is available for Ph.D. Degree programs include 200 Doctoral program scholarships and will not cost a tuition fee depending on the quality of education to study in New Zealand. University of Otago’s acceptance rate is 75%.
Table of contents
Why study in New Zealand?
These top University of Otago Scholarships in New Zealand for International students offer them the to pursue their strong educational careers. Students from all over the world have a golden opportunity to study under experienced professional experts and study abroad in New Zealand.
About University of Otago Scholarships
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Host University: University of Otago
- Financial Assistance: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Degree Level: Ph.D. Scholarships in New Zealand
- Applicants may receive one Fully Funded University of Otago doctoral scholarship only.
- Anyone can apply from any country around the globe.
- The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship provides funding to support doctoral students studying at the University of Otago.
- The Otago Scholarship is available for domestic and international students.
- For Otago University Scholarship the student financial support is in the range of 28,600$ NZ per year. An applicant with having Doctor of Philosophy scholarship will get a domestic Tuition Fee waiver for 36 months, in which student services fee and insurance are not included.
- The applicant applying for Postgraduate Program must have a master’s degree.
- The applicant must have completed a master’s degree by papers and thesis.
- The marks of all relevant advanced-level papers contributing towards the thesis and degree are relevant.
- Altogether, for the applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
- Candidates’ Academic Performance must be excellent.
- The students for professional doctorates and Ph.D. can apply.
- Students must be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification
- Selection of scholarship is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
There is no specific Deadline for Otago Scholarship Program and candidates can apply at any time.
How to apply?
- Download the application form from their official website.
- Before starting the application check the application guidelines mentioned in the official link.
- Attach the required supporting documents.
- Letter of Recommendation
- A Motivational Letter
- Research work
- Applicants must complete the form carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
University of Otago Scholarships, Prestige and Named Prestige Scholarships (awarded for 300-Level
Some scholarship committees only consider applicants whose GPA meets a certain threshold. Minimum requirements range from around 2.0 on the lower end to 3.75 or higher for competitive academic scholarships. Generally speaking, a 3.0 GPA or higher will give you a decent shot at qualifying for a variety of scholarships.