Applications are invited for the University of Houston Hawk Scholarships 2024. The Closing date to apply Online for the University of Houston Hawk Scholarships is 1st November 2023. For Fully Funded Scholarships to study Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs, students from all over the world are eligible to apply. For a nominal application fee, students will be charged. There are courses in all the major subjects and specializations, including business, science, computer engineering, and the humanities.
The US government provides a number of scholarships each year to foreign students. One of these scholarships is the University of Houston Hawk Scholarship 2024 in the United States. This grant is open to both US students and students from across the world. This scholarship will cover all of your expenses while you are studying in the United States.
Table of contents
- About the University of Houston Hawk
- University of Houston Hawk Scholarships Details
- Financial Aid
- Forms and Resources
- Available Scholarships
- Health and Wellness
- Student Advocacy and Community
- Campus Community
- Housing and Dining
- Student Programs
- Career Services
- Annual Events
- Scholarship Coverage
- Programs Offered
- Eligibility Requirements
- Required Documents
- Application Deadline
- How To Apply?
- Frequently Asked Questions
For this scholarship, you do not need to have an IELTS if your previous educational experience was in English. Only students whose previous education was not in English are needed to take an English Language Test. Don’t let this opportunity to receive a complete scholarship slip through your hands.
About the University of Houston Hawk
Founded in 1971, the University of Houston-Clear Lake is a renowned public research institution. Along with satellite campuses in Pearland and the Texas Medical Center, there are campuses in Houston and Pasadena, Texas. The autumn 2019 semester at UHCL will have more than 9,000 students enrolled. Students at the institution have a choice of four academic colleges to further their academic interests.
UHCL offers 97 degree programs, including 46 bachelor’s, 48 master’s, and three doctoral degrees. More than 73,000 graduates have graduated from the university, which annually grants more than 2,100 degrees. The University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) is a quality education provider with an international reputation. The study environment offered by this university is outstanding and includes labs that are well-stocked.
University of Houston Hawk Scholarships Details
Scholarship Country: United States (USA)
Host Institute: University of Houston-Clear Lake
Course Level: Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
Financial Coverage: Partially Funded
Who is eligible? International Students
Deadline Date: November 1, 2023
Your academic experience and the quality of your education are directly related to the outstanding professors doing the teaching.
More than anything, including our see-it-to-believe-it campus and our many educational options, what makes the University of Houston-Clear Lake really shine are the people with whom you’ll study every day. They’re more than experts in their fields. They want to share their knowledge and help you understand the intricacies of the topics you’re studying. Their goal is to provide you with a unique learning experience tailored to your individual needs.
Beautiful campus. Experienced faculty. Personalized learning. A college experience that values your life experience.
From application to graduation, the University of Houston-Clear Lake is focused on engaging students with next-level learning opportunities in and out of the classroom.
With more than 90 degree programs and 100+ student organizations, we connect you with the people, places and resources to help you thrive. Whether you are a freshman or transfer student, or looking for graduate programs or the flexibility of online classes, UH-Clear Lake offers an education that gets you.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance includes expenses that are determined by the institution (tuition/fees) and expenses that are flexible based on student choices (housing/meals, books, transportation costs, and miscellaneous expenses). These combined tuition and other expenses represent the entire cost of attendance. Individual expenses will vary based on student-specific majors, courses, living arrangements, and personal spending decisions. These values are used in the awarding of Financial Aid for students.
You have options when it comes to applying for and receiving financial aid at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. Understanding exactly what the different types of aid are will help you diversify how, when and why you apply for the aid you need to pay for your education.
With all of them, you will need to fill out your FAFSA to begin the application process so you can secure the funds you need to attend UHCL.
Forms and Resources
- Financial Aid Resources
- View Financial Aid
- Apply for UHCL Scholarships
- Summer Aid Application (available after summer enrollment begins in April)
- Intended Enrollment Form
- To-Do List
- Apply for Financial Aid:
- FAFSA Application- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- TASFA Application 2023-2024
- Check your Financial Aid Online
- Direct Loans PN
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Budgeting Tips
Looking for assistance to help pay for your education at the University of Houston-Clear Lake? We have a number of scholarship options available for both new and current students. Some require a specific program of study, while general scholarships are available to students in any degree program. For additional information on the UHCL scholarship process.
New Student Opportunities
- Automatic Transfer Scholarship – A scholarship for new first-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students. The student must be a Texas resident or a non-resident transferring from a college or university.
- Hawk Advantage Scholarship – Offers need-based scholarships to recent high school graduates to help make the cost of a 4-year university affordable.
- Hawk Scholars Scholarship – For new residential graduate students, new non-Texas resident undergraduate and graduate, and new undergrad and graduate international students.
- Hunter Hall Housing Scholarship – On-campus housing scholarship for first-year and transfer students electing to live in Hunter Residence Hall. This $1,000 scholarship is renewable for fall and spring semesters.
- Kamlesh and Satish Agarwal MIS Scholarship Endowment – A scholarship for students in the Management Information Systems program for $1,000 per year.
- New Hawk Scholarship – Scholarships for freshmen ranging from “Full-Ride” (tuition, fees, books and housing) to $1,000.
- President’s Excellence Scholarship – A scholarship for recent high school graduates with a 3.5 GPA minimum. This $3,000 scholarship ($1,500 for fall and $1,500 for spring) is renewable for an additional three years.
- Cullen Leadership Scholarship – A scholarship for new degree-seeking undergraduate and transfer students. Must have received an Associate Degree from a Houston/Galveston area community college within 12 months of transferring to UHCL.
- Ann Wilke Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Applicants must be in the RN-BSN degree program at UHCL at Pearland.
- International Education Fee Award – Available to current UHCL students planning participation in a faculty-led study abroad or a student direct enrollment study abroad program.
- Kathryn F. Dickerson International Programs Scholarship – Available to current students who have participated or are currently participating in an international program (such as study abroad or exchange program).
- Vivian L. Smith Scholarship – Applicants must be in the RN-BSN degree program at UHCL at Pearland.
Health and Wellness
At the University of Houston-Clear Lake, we believe that health and wellness are essential elements of your academic success. That’s why we have a range of health resources available to ensure that you achieve optimal physical and emotional health — whether you’re a student, faculty member or staff member — so you can ascend and soar.
Campus Recreation and Wellness is the place for recreational activities, as well as fitness and wellness programming. The Rec Center also offers student job opportunities on the facility, fitness and wellness, recreational sports, member services, and marketing teams. All UHCL students have an automatic membership. Non-student memberships are available to UHCL faculty, staff, retirees, alumni, spouses and dependents of UHCL members as well as community members.
Staying the course toward achieving your academic objectives is not possible without maintaining your emotional balance. Your success can be affected by other factors unrelated to your course of study. That’s why Counseling Services offers confidential individual or couples counselling to support you as you cope with personal, academic, or emotional challenges. Our professional clinicians are here to facilitate your academic development and help you achieve your personal and career goals.
Our Health Services comprise a team of trained, medical professionals including board-certified physicians, registered nurses and support staff. Health Services offers students, faculty and staff members internal medicine, gynecological and chiropractic services, as well as laboratory, pharmaceutical and immunization services. Details about student insurance are available. Stay covered while you’re studying.
Student Advocacy and Community
The Center for Student Advocacy and Community (CSAC), at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, was established in Fall 2023. Through educational opportunities, advocacy, and community building, the Center for Student Advocacy & Community (CSAC) supports the personal and professional development of UHCL students navigating the college experience. CSAC empowers students by providing essential services that meet basic needs, along with resources and education that foster learning, critical thinking, self-advocacy, and student success.
CSAC aspires to stand as a cornerstone of student success for all students to overcome obstacles, ignite their passions, and emerge as resilient leaders ready to make a positive impact on campus and the global society.
Strong foundations are essential to your success as a student. By learning how to navigate campus procedures, discovering helpful resources, practicing how to ask for help and advocate for yourself, seeking out new experiences to expand your learning, and finding a place on campus to call home, you can create and maintain a firm base from which to build your success both inside and outside of the classroom.
Housing and Dining
When you live on campus, you are in the heart of UHCL life. You are part of a vibrant community where you can live, learn and engage with your peers. Living on campus offers quick and easy access to your class, the Patio Café, as well as campus events and resources. For more information regarding housing (Hunter Residence Hall) and dining (meal plans, hours, etc.) at UHCL, we invite you to explore below.
We welcome you to your first year at UHCL and we’re happy to offer you orientation programs to help you find your way around campus and to make sure you have a fun, exciting transition to life as a Hawk. We invite you to register for an orientation session upon admission to the university. Don’t forget to sign up for Family Weekend events and register for Hawk Launch — you’ll become familiar with all our policies, activities and services to help you make the most of your years at UHCL. But most of all, you’ll meet other students and catch Hawk’s pride and spirit!
Don’t wait until graduation to begin your job search or to start developing your career path. Career Services can help you get started as early as your first year at the University of Houston-Clear Lake.
Career Services professionals can provide crucial guidance in integrating the skills and experience you acquire at UHCL into your pursuit of a fulfilling career. Additionally, we can help you understand how your interests, values, goals and strengths greatly impact your career decision-making process and career readiness.
If you would like to meet with a career counsellor, you can make an appointment by calling our office. You are also welcome to visit us during drop-in hours and you will be assisted on a first-come, first-served basis. Drop-in hours can be cancelled due to university events and other circumstances. Please call our office before your visit.
Faculty members can request a classroom presentation from one of our career counsellors. Topics include writing effective cover letters and resumes, interviewing skills, and career assessments such as the StrengthFinder test, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory.
Career Services can also coordinate with alumni and industry professionals in order to facilitate a classroom visit. These visits can range from employer-led lectures to discussions on current industry trends and professional development tips.
Since we believe that there’s more to UHCL than just going to class every day, we hold a number of annual events that bring everyone together. While our most famous event is the annual Chili Cook-Off, we also hold annual musical performances and celebratory events for the student body and surrounding community.
Fall Annual Events
- Welcome Back Bash
- Spirit Week
- Global Expo & Cultural Extravaganza
- Soaring Hawks Celebration
Spring Annual Events
- Chili Cook-Off
- Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Soaring Hawks Celebration
- Monthly Stipend.
- If the scholarship is extended, the student will get $2000 in spring 2024 and another $2000 in autumn 2024.
- Renewal students will also be able to continue paying resident tuition in the autumn of 2022, the spring of 2025, and the summer of 2025.
- Free Residence.
- Airfare Tickets.
- Medical Insurance.
- Computer Engineering
- Human Sciences
- All International Students and residents of the USA can apply for Scholarships.
- This will be your first semester as an undergraduate non-Texas resident or an undergraduate foreign student at UHCL in the spring of 2022.
- New students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. (as recalculated by UHCL)
- You need to have applied for admission to UHCL in advance.
- Must have paid the admissions application cost
- A UHCL identification number is required.
- Good Academic Record.
- Experienced in Research for Masters.
- If your previous educational experience was not in English, you’ll need to take the IELTS or TOEFL tests.
- For bachelor’s programs, you’ll need a high school diploma or 12 years of college-level coursework.
- Passport for International Students.
- Passport size Photo
- A scanned Copy of the CNIC of the applicant
- Scanned copy of CNIC of aspirants’ guardian
- All documents should be Scanned and attested.
- Short Resume/CV.
- The motivational letter or Statement of purpose.
- Only for Master’s Study Plan or Research Proposal.
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- Last institute’s English Proficiency Certificate.
- It is necessary to take the IELTS exam if your prior degree is not in English.
The Closing date to apply Online for the University of Houston Hawk Scholarships is 1st November 2023.
How To Apply?
The best place to start if you want to learn more about the University of Houston Hawk Scholarships is the official website. There, you may find out more about the many courses and programs that are available, the entrance requirements and admissions procedure, campus services, student life, and many other issues. Additionally, you can discover more about the university’s academic programs, personnel, research endeavours, and outreach programs. Online resources including course advertisements, student handbooks, and class schedules may also be available to website visitors. The official university website is a great place to start if you want to apply to the school as a student or just learn more. Click here to access the webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions
The application process for Hawk Scholarships varies depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships require students to submit a completed application form, transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation. Some scholarships also require students to submit an essay or complete an interview.
The Closing date to apply Online for the University of Houston Hawk Scholarships is 1st November 2023.
The eligibility requirements for Hawk Scholarships vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships require students to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the University of Houston, have a minimum GPA, and be in good academic standing. Some scholarships also have additional eligibility requirements, such as financial need, residency, or major.
Hawk Scholarships are awarded based on a variety of factors, such as academic merit, financial need, and extracurricular involvement. Some scholarships are also awarded based on specific criteria, such as major, ethnicity, or military service.
Most Hawk Scholarships are renewable, provided that students meet the eligibility requirements each year. However, some scholarships are only awarded for one year.
The amount of money that Hawk Scholarships cover varies depending on the specific scholarship. Some scholarships cover full tuition and fees, while others cover only a portion of the cost of attendance.
Students can learn more about Hawk Scholarships by visiting the University of Houston Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid website or by contacting the office directly.