Applications are invited for the University of Sydney Scholarships in Australia 2023. The deadline for applying for University of Sydney Scholarships for international students is September 30th, 2023. International students can now apply for University of Sydney Scholarships to study master’s and doctoral degrees in Australia. The University of Sydney offers Master’s and doctoral degree programs in practically all academic subjects to students from all around the world. For example, the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) will cover all costs associated with this scholarship, including tuition, free housing, monthly stipends, medical expenses, and free airfare. In summary, scholarships at the University of Technology Sydney are accessible to students from all over the world.
Table of contents
About the University of Sydney
The University was established in 1850. It is one of Australia’s oldest universities and one of the country’s six most prestigious. The University of Sydney is made up of eight academic faculties and institutions that offer Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs. The university was placed 40th in the world by the QS World University Rankings.
Eight Australian prime ministers, including current Anthony Albanese, two governors-general of Australia, thirteen premiers of New South Wales, including incumbent Dominic Perrotte, 20 justices of the High Court of Australia, and four chief justices have all received their education at this university. As a result, the university has produced 110 Rhodes Scholars and 19 Gates Scholars.
About The University of Sydney Scholarships
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Host University: University of Sydney
- Course Level: BS, MS, and Ph.D. Degrees
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Who is Eligible? International Students
- Deadline Date: 30th September 2023
The University of Sydney Scholarships for international students is not only a scholarship but a Fully Funded Scholarship program in Australia.
For Undergraduate Degrees
- An amount of $6000 per year
- A value of $6000 per year for the duration undergraduate degree
- Value of $6000 for one year of an undergraduate degree
Masters and Ph.D. Degrees Details
- Full Tuition Fee
- Free Accommodation
- A stipend of $28,596 per year
- Medical Insurance
- Airfare value of $1,250 for the journey from hometown to Sydney and vice versa
- Reimbursement Funds for a master’s degree is $420 and for Ph.D. is $840
- Maternity Costs
List of Study Fields
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Computer Science
- Medicine and Health
- All international students from any country are eligible to apply.
- An Undergraduate degree with first or second-class from any university is accepted for a Master of Analysis or a Master of Philosophy.
- Online Application Form as available on the website
- Curriculum Vitae, (in other words, Resume)
- Letters of Reference (at least two required)
- Research Proposal of the student
- Personal Statement (Area of study or Area of Interest in detail)
- English proficiency certificates (IELTS / TOEFL)
- The students must have a bachelor’s degree or above to apply for a master’s degree program.
- The students must have a master’s degree to apply for Ph.D. Degree Program
- Supervisor’s Acceptance Letter
- Academic thesis for the Ph.D. degree
The deadline for applying for University of Sydney Scholarships for international students is September 30th, 2023.
How To Apply?
- Fill out the appropriate section of the postgraduate research admissions application and check the box to be considered for research scholarships.
- Consult the RTP/UPA applicant information pack, the research experience guide, and the proof template to make sure your application has all the necessary supporting documentation.
Official Website of University of Sydney Scholarships
If you want to learn more about University of Sydney Scholarships, the official website is the best place to start. There, you can find thorough information on the programs and courses offered, entrance requirements and procedures, campus facilities, student life, and much more. You can also learn about the university’s academics and staff, research efforts, and community engagement programs. Access to online resources such as academic calendars, student handbooks, and course catalogs may also be available through the website. The official website is a fantastic resource to explore whether you are a potential student, a current student, or simply interested in knowing more about the university. Please visit the website by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Applicants must be international students at the time of the award.
The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, who are commencing their studies in 2023 to apply for scholarships valued at $6,000 p.a. (For Domestic as well as international students completing high school in Australia) and tenable for one year.
The University offers a wide range of scholarships, including merit-based, need-based, research-specific, and international scholarships.
Application deadlines vary for different scholarships. It’s important to check the specific deadlines for the scholarships you’re interested in.
Yes, the University of Sydney offers scholarships for international students, including those from specific countries or regions.
Recipients are typically selected based on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria, academic achievements, demonstrated potential, and other specific requirements of each scholarship.