Applications are invited for the University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023 in Canada. The last date to apply for the University of Waterloo Scholarships is November 15 (annually). The University of Waterloo, located in Ontario, Canada, is a top-tier, research-intensive university that offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. The university is committed to recognizing and rewarding academic excellence as well as providing financial support to students who demonstrate outstanding achievements and leadership potential. To this end, the University of Waterloo offers a variety of scholarships, bursaries, and awards to help students fund their education and achieve their academic and professional goals.
These scholarships are available to international students and are awarded based on a variety of criteria, including merit, financial need, community involvement, and leadership potential. In this article, we will explore the various types of scholarships available at the University of Waterloo and provide information on how to apply for these opportunities.
Table of contents
University of Waterloo Scholarships Details
- Host Country: Canada
- Host University: University of Waterloo
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Master’s, & Ph.D. Degree Program
- Financial Coverage: Fully- Funded
- Deadline: November 15
List of Available Fields of Study
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Public Health
- Classical Studies
- Drama and Speech Communication
- French Studies
- Germanic and Slavic Studies
- International Trade
- Legal Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies
- Social Development Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nanotechnology Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Design Engineering
- Environment and Business
- Environment, Resources and Sustainability
- Geography and Environmental Management
- International Development
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Combinatorics and Optimization
- Computational Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Mathematical Finance
- Pure Mathematics
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Life Physics
- Materials and Nanosciences
- Optics and Photonics
The financial coverage of the University of Waterloo scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship and the level of study. Some scholarships may cover full tuition fees, while others may provide a partial tuition fee waiver or a specific amount of money towards living expenses or costs. In addition, some scholarships may provide benefits such as mentorship opportunities, networking events, or internship placements.
The University of Waterloo offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries, and awards to both domestic and international students. Some of the major scholarships offered by the university include the President’s Scholarship, the International Master’s Award of Excellence, the International Doctoral Award, the Ontario Graduate Scholarship, and the Canadian Graduate Scholarship. These scholarships typically provide financial assistance for tuition fees, living expenses, and research-related costs for the duration of the student’s program.
- Academic performance: Most scholarships are awarded based on performance, so must have a strong record. This usually means a minimum grade point average (GPA) which varies depending on the scholarship.
- Admission to the university: Applicants must be admitted to the University of Waterloo before they can apply for scholarships. This means they must meet the for the specific program they are applying to.
- Citizenship: Some scholarships are only available to Canadian citizens or permanent residents, while others are open to international students.
The last date to apply for the University of Waterloo Scholarships is November 15 (annually).
How To Apply?
To apply and learn more about the University of Waterloo Scholarships, it is important to visit the Scholarship’s official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, many University of Waterloo scholarships are open to international students. However, some scholarships may be to Canadian citizens or permanent so it’s important to review the eligibility criteria for each scholarship.
The number of scholarships available at the University of Waterloo can vary each year, as new scholarships may be added or existing scholarships. It’s best to review the University of Waterloo’s scholarship website to see the most up-to-date information on available scholarships.