Applications are invited for the University of Winnipeg Scholarship 2024. The University of Winnipeg is a renowned institution located in the heart of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and educational programs across various fields of study, including science, the arts, business, education, and more. The University of Winnipeg Scholarships range from entrance scholarships for first-year students to graduate scholarships for advanced degrees.
These scholarships are highly competitive, and each one has its own unique eligibility criteria, application requirements, and award amounts. In this regard, the university offers comprehensive guidance and support to students to help them navigate the application process successfully.
Table of contents
University of Winnipeg Scholarship Details
- Host Country: Canada
- Host University: University of Winnipeg
- Study levels: undergraduate, masters, PACE or ELP, Collegiate and diploma studies
- Award: Fully Funded
- No. of Scholarships: 53
- Deadline: June 2024
About the University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg is a public university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The university is home to over 10,000 students from diverse and ethnic backgrounds and offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs across various disciplines, including Arts, Business and economics, Education, Science, and applied health.
The campus of the University of Winnipeg is located in downtown Winnipeg, close to numerous restaurants, and shopping centers. The university offers a wide range of student services and facilities, including a library, fitness center, student housing, and various clubs.
- Faculty of Arts: This faculty offers programs in such as economics, history, languages, philosophy, political science, and more.
- Faculty of Business and Economics: This faculty offers programs in areas such as accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, and supply chain management.
- Faculty of Education: This faculty offers programs in areas such as early childhood education, elementary education, education, and special education.
- Faculty of Science: This faculty offers programs in areas such as biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, and physics.
- Gupta Faculty of Kinesiology & Applied Health: This faculty offers programs in areas such as therapy, exercise science, physical education, and sports science.
- Faculty of Graduate Studies: This faculty offers a wide range of graduate programs, including Master’s and Ph.D. degrees, in various fields of study.
The financial coverage of the University of Winnipeg Scholarships varies depending on the specific scholarship and its requirements. Some scholarships cover full tuition fees, while others cover a portion of tuition fees or provide a stipend to help with living expenses. Additionally, some may also cover other expenses, such as textbooks and study materials.
Entrance for first-year students at the University of Winnipeg ranges from $1000 to $5000 per year and is for up to four years, provided the student maintains the eligibility criteria. In-course tuition for continuing students can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars per year, depending on the student’s academic performance.
- Academic performance: Most degrees at the University of Winnipeg are awarded based on performance, so students must have a strong record to be considered. This may include meeting the minimum grade point average (GPA) in specific courses.
- Enrollment status: Scholarships may be available for full-time or part-time students, depending on the scholarship’s requirements.
- Program of study: Scholarships may be available for students in specific programs or faculties, depending on the scholarship’s requirements.
- Financial need: Some scholarships at the University of Winnipeg are awarded based on financial need, so students may need to show that they have limited financial resources to cover their expenses.
- Community: Some may be available for students who have skills and community through volunteer work, activities, or other forms of community engagement.
- Application form: Students may need to complete an online or paper application form to be considered for scholarships.
- Transcripts: Students may need to provide official reports on their performance.
- Proof of enrollment: Students may need to provide proof of to the University of Winnipeg or the specific program of study for which they are applying for a scholarship.
- Financial information: Some scholarships may require students to provide financial information, such as income tax returns, to financial need.
- Personal statement or essay: Students may need to provide a personal statement or essay about their academic goals, career, and reasons for applying for the scholarship(s).
- Letters of recommendation: Some scholarships may require students to provide letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or community leaders who can attest to their performance, character, and leadership skills.
The last date to apply for the University of Winnipeg Scholarship is June 2024.
How To Apply?
The official website is a wonderful place to start if you have any questions about the University of Winnipeg Scholarship, whether you are a or present student or are just curious. To visit the website, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Winnipeg offers a wide range of scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students, including entrance scholarships, in-course scholarships, graduate scholarships, and external scholarships.
To apply for University of Winnipeg scholarships, students generally need to research available scholarships, prepare application documents, complete the application form, and submit the application by the deadline specified for each scholarship.