Applications are invited for the UNSW Graduate Scholarships 2024. The last date to apply for UNSW Graduate Scholarships is May 2024. A variety of scholarships are available from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia to help students who want to pursue graduate study. The subjects covered by these scholarships range from business to engineering to the social sciences to the humanities. Both domestic and foreign students can apply for scholarships, which offer financial support for living and tuition costs. Every scholarship has a different application procedure and set of qualifying requirements, therefore it is crucial to carefully understand them before submitting an application. The graduate scholarships offered by UNSW are a great resource for students seeking postgraduate degrees in a variety of professions.
Table of contents
About the University of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia’s Institution of New South Wales (UNSW) is a public research institution. It was founded in 1949 and is currently listed among the top 100 colleges in the globe. It is one of the best universities in the nation. With more than 60,000 students from more than 130 different countries, UNSW boasts a varied student body. It provides a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a number of academic fields, including business, engineering, law, medicine, and science, as well as the arts and social sciences. With nearly 2,000 research students and 500 academic staff members actively engaged in research, the university has a significant emphasis on this field. In fields including renewable energy, neuroscience, and quantum computing, it has built research centers.
About UNSW Graduate Scholarships 2024
- University: University of New South Wales
- Degree level: Masters, PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: All Nationalities
- Award Country: Australia
- Last Date: May 2024
- Research Scholarships: These scholarships typically cover the full tuition fees of the research degree and provide a living allowance stipend to help cover the cost of living expenses. The stipend amount can vary depending on the scholarship and the field of study but may be around AUD 28,000 – 35,000 per year. In addition, some research scholarships may also include other benefits such as health insurance and travel allowances.
- Coursework Scholarships: These scholarships cover the tuition fees for a Master’s degree or Graduate Diploma program. The scholarship amount can vary depending on the program and the duration of the course but maybe around AUD 10,000 – 20,000.
- Travel Scholarships: These scholarships provide financial support for students traveling overseas for research or to attend conferences, including travel expenses, accommodation, and other related expenses. The scholarship amount can vary depending on the specific program and the duration and location of the travel but maybe around AUD 2,000 – 5,000.
- Academic excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic record, typically demonstrated by a minimum grade point average (GPA) requirement. The minimum GPA requirement may differ based on the specific program and field of study.
- Research potential: For research scholarships, applicants must demonstrate potential for conducting high-quality research in their field of study.
- Admission to UNSW: Applicants must have applied for admission to a postgraduate program at UNSW, and in most cases, must have received an offer of admission.
- Domestic or international status: Scholarships may be available to both domestic and international students. International students may need to meet additional eligibility requirements related to their visa status.
- Other criteria: Some scholarship programs may have additional eligibility criteria related to factors such as financial need, residency status, or research interests.
- Academic transcripts: Applicants must provide transcripts of their academic records from their previous studies.
- Proof of admission: Applicants must provide proof of their admission to a postgraduate program at UNSW.
- Curriculum vitae (CV): Applicants may be required to provide a CV detailing their academic and professional background, research experience, and any relevant publications or awards.
- Research proposal: For research scholarships, applicants may be required to provide a research proposal outlining their proposed research project and methodology.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants may be required to provide one or more letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees.
- English language proficiency test scores: International applicants may be required to provide English language proficiency test scores, such as IELTS or TOEFL scores.
The last date to apply for UNSW Graduate Scholarships is May 2024.
How to Apply?
- Research scholarship programs: Applicants should research the available scholarship programs and carefully review the eligibility criteria, scholarship details, and application requirements for each program.
- Before applying for scholarships, applicants must apply for admission to a postgraduate program at UNSW. Some scholarship programs may require applicants to have received an offer of admission before they can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants should prepare all required application materials, including academic transcripts, research proposals, references, personal statements, and any other required documents.
- Applicants can submit their scholarship application online through the UNSW Scholarships website or via a separate scholarship application portal. Some scholarship programs may require applicants to submit their applications by a specific deadline.
Official Website of UNSW Graduate Scholarships
The official website is the best place to start if you want to learn more about UNSW Graduate Scholarships. There, you can find comprehensive details on the programs and courses provided, entrance requirements and processes, campus amenities, student life, and much more. You can also discover more about the university’s faculty, employees, research endeavors, and community outreach programs. The website might also give users access to online tools including course catalogs, student handbooks, and academic calendars. The university’s official website is a fantastic resource to explore whether you are a potential student, a current student, or simply interested in knowing more about the institution. To visit the website, just click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
UNSW offers a range of scholarships for postgraduate students, including scholarships for research, coursework, and travel.
Scholarships are available to both domestic and international postgraduate students who meet the eligibility criteria for each scholarship program.
The application process for UNSW scholarships can vary depending on the specific program. Generally, applicants must first apply for admission to a postgraduate program at UNSW and then apply for scholarships through the UNSW Scholarships website or a separate scholarship application portal.
The last date to apply for International Research Scholarships at the University of New South Wales, Australia is May 2024.
The value of UNSW scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Some scholarships cover tuition fees only, while others may include a living allowance, travel expenses, or other benefits.
The duration of UNSW scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Some scholarships are for one year only, while others may be renewable for multiple years or cover the entire duration of a postgraduate program.