Applications are invited for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships 2023. The last date to apply for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships is November 1, 2023. The Wellington Doctoral Scholarships are prestigious awards for international students who want to pursue a doctoral degree at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. The scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded based on academic merit, research potential, and the applicant’s ability to contribute to the university’s research community. Successful applicants receive a stipend of NZD 27,500 per year and a tuition fee waiver for up to three years. The scholarship aims to support exceptional students in achieving their research goals and contributing to the university’s research community.
Table of contents
Wellington Doctoral Scholarships 2023 Details
- Scholarship Country: New Zealand
- Host institute: Victoria University of Wellington
- Course/Degree Level: Doctoral Programs
- Financial award: Fully Funded
- Number offered: 110 per year
- Deadline: November 1, 2023
- Full tuition fee waiver for up to 3.5 years for domestic students and up to 4 years for international students.
- An annual grant of up to NZD 2,000 to cover research-related expenses, such as attending conferences or conducting fieldwork.
- Access to various other grants and funding opportunities to support academic and research activities.
- Academic qualifications: Applicants must have completed an Honours or Master’s degree (or equivalent) with First Class Honours (or equivalent) from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Research proposal: Applicants must submit a well-developed research proposal demonstrating originality, academic merit, and feasibility.
- English language proficiency: Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency, such as a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test or equivalent.
- Citizenship: The scholarship is open to domestic and international students.
The last date to apply for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships is November 1, 2023.
How To Apply?
- Choose a doctoral program: Applicants must select a doctoral program of their choice and ensure they meet the entry requirements for that program.
- Find a supervisor: Applicants must identify a potential supervisor for their research project and discuss their research proposal with them.
- Submit the application: Applicants must submit their completed application, along with all supporting documents, by the deadline specified on the university’s website.
- Await the outcome: The university will assess all applications and notify applicants of the outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
The scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, a tax-free stipend of NZD 27,500 per annum, research-related expenses up to NZD 2,000 per annum, and professional development opportunities.
The scholarship is awarded for up to 3.5 years for domestic students and up to 4 years for international students.